Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Doctors Visit


Dawson went to the doctors yesterday for his 2 week check-up. He is now 7 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long. Which confirms what I have been thinking: he is getting big and it's not just in my head. They did the pku blood samples and none of us liked that at all! They pricked his little heel and he started wailing. We didn't realize that they were going to fill in all of the circles completely with blood. Poor DJ, the nurse kept pulling on his leg to get more blood down and he wasn't happy about it at all. After it was over he stopped crying instantly. We were concerned because he was constipated and was in a lot of pain, so we asked the doctor what we could do to alleviate his pain. He gave us a suggestion and I am proud to say that we have poopy pants again! Jason and I have never been so excited to have a poopy diaper!

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to come see him!! What was the doctor's suggestion? If my next baby is like my two boys, I'm gonna need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/2 ounce of water 2 times a day. We only did it once and the next day was successful!

    ReplyDelete