Friday, June 11, 2010

Blessing June 6, 2010

Dawson was blessed on June 6, 2010.
It was a memorable event for a couple of different reasons! That morning I got up extra early to make the food for after the blessing and also to make sure we got to church on time, we have a hard time with that part.

Since I am an avid facebooker (Jason thinks I am addicted) I checked facebook. It was a good thing I did because a neighbor posted that church was canceled due to a crime scene. My first thought was "Oh crap, now what do we do." I told Jason and I think he thought about the same thing I did. I was thinking of calling the friend that posted on facebook, but as I was about to dial their number our phone rang. It was them calling to tell us the news. We decided to still hold the blessing but have it at our house instead. We called the bishop and got it approved.

So Jason called and texted everyone and told them to call others so everyone would be aware that it was now at our house, while I got the food going. Thanks to my mom and dad coming over early, we were able to get things done.

We had invited a lot of people, but didn't really know who was planning to come. All I can say is that our house was PACKED!!! Once everyone was inside I don't think there was any extra room except for inside the circle for the blessing. I was so amazed at how many people showed up. It was very special to see so many people there to love and support us.

During the blessing a lot of sniffing was going on. I guess a lot of people are allergic to cats? After the blessing the bishop asked Jason and I to say something. I was hoping that I would get out of that since it wasn't at the church, guess not. Jason and I were both overwhelmed with emotion for the love we have for DJ, his birth family, our families, and friends.

We were just thankful so many people came and that it was a nice day outside, so people could eat out there too.I didn't get a lot of pictures, and none of them show how crowded it was in our house.


DJ, Brie, and Nancy

DJ's birth mother, her mother (grandma to DJ)

David and Camille with DJ.
DJ's birth father's grandparents.


This is right after the blessing. Man it was packed!


Grandma Sue, Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Steve


Grandma Alice in the crowd. Also Grandpa Earl, Aunt Linda, and Uncle Ed.


This is crazy Bret. In the background the bishop is asking Jason for us to talk.
This shows a little of the smushedness.


Our friends cute daughter, Olivia.


Our friends handsome son, Carter

Cousins, Marah and Maddie these girls are inseparable.


Brayden and Brad digging in.


DJ with his birth family; Brie, Nancy, and Steve.


Yummy food! Jessi and Bryndee


More family and friends!

So come to find out some young boy was stabbed at our church early in the morning. The boy was taken to the hospital in a helicopter. Police were there investigating, but didn't find the person who stabbed him.

4 comments:

  1. Wish we could have added to the smushedness! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a crazy day for sure! I am so happy that things worked out so the blessing could take place in your home - what a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that we were able to make it, it was such a beautiful blessing, and we are sooo happy that we were cool enough to have a member of our family make it to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have been there. We are so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete