Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Feline Adventures

I swear my cat can catch anything! To date she has brought in grasshoppers, moths, bees, flies, birds, mouse, and snakes.
So this afternoon DJ and I were minding our own business when I look over and on the floor is a garter snake that our cat went out and wrangled up. I am not going to lie, I did scream once or twice trying to get it back outside. When I was younger I would have picked it up no problem. I guess becoming a mom makes you squimish around untamed, wild snakes. I knew I had to document the situation so I put DJ in his crib and got my phone and the camera. I took a picture with the phone to send to Jason and then 2 pictures so you could actually see what is in the picture (my phone doesn't take good pictures!) Once the modeling session was over I found a tupperware big enough to throw over the snake. I got close and it started squirming away. Luckily for me, the cat took control and wrangled the snake again. After a couple of tries, I got the snake trapped. I scooted it over to the door and lifted the tupperware a little and it slithered away(probably to be brought back in later tonight).


I guess that is what happens when the cats name is Buzz Lightyear. She goes out to infinity and beyond to show us she loves us.

2 comments:

  1. Yep - your cat is EVIL!! I would have screamed too! Good for you for handling the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have screamed and peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete