Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scuba Baileys

Jason and I decided to become scuba certified. We have a great friend that is an instructor so we were able to have him teach us. We went to a swimming pool a couple of times and learned the skills we needed. I got frustrated with my ears because they just wouldn't clear for me so it took me a long time to get down even to 12 feet in the pool. Yesterday we did our last dive to become certified. It was at the crater in Midway. This has to be one of the neatest things I have ever done. It was amazing being able to swim underwater so long. We passed off the requirements and then swam around for awhile. We surfaced to talk for a minute and then did the next dive to pass of the rest of the requirements. While we were underwater during the first dive our instructor asked us how much air we had left. Jason read his wrong so when we surfaced he told us how much he had and it wasn't a lot! We had to go down quick and take our masks off, clear the water out of them and then buddy breathe on the way up. So Jason acted like he was out of air and I let him use my extra mouthpiece, but really he was almost out of air. It was a blast! These are some pictures of the crater, they are just from the internet, we didn't take them. If you have ever wanted to learn to scuba dive I would really recommend it!
Midway, Utah
outside of the crater

An underwater picture

Inside the crater, it is beautiful!

People getting ready to dive. The great thing is the water is really warm.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that yall liked it! Now we need to go diving in Hawaii together!!

    ReplyDelete